Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
azmom_gw

Implement designs on tiled walls around Shower

azmom
10 years ago

Yesterday we had a meeting with GC-to-be. It is obvious that I have to give up the "tone on tone" dream shower due to the pattern on the counter top slab. We picked out base and accent tiles for shower walls that compliment the slab. The GC- to-be suggested putting a 6 inches wide band on the walls around the shower, a look we could find in hundred "after photos" of shower projects.

I do not want to have a band. In my mind's eye, I see the accent tiles being laid out like falling flowers, cascade and sprinkle on the walls. I also envision DH's angry face, the GC-to-be puts me in the "difficult customer" category or becomes GC-never-be, and I cash out my retirement account.

Before bringing up this idea, may I ask if any DIYer has put design on the tiled walls?

If you have done it, what steps did you take? I thought maybe using graphic paper to map out the design, but I thought maybe there are better ways to implement that.

Equally important, I would like to know how to calculate the cost of the accent tiles.

Any insight will be very appreciated.

Comments (4)