Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
TEC standard white sanded grout - similar in another brand???

Posted by lexmomof3 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 25, 13 at 11:30

The tile I'm using - Susan Jablon MG01 curved milk glass - suggests TEC standard white as the grout. I can't get that locally and it will take about 1 1/2 weeks to order. I can put the tile guy off if needed but I was hoping that there is another brand with the same color since it's just "standard white". I used a bright white (forgot the brand) for a different tile in the bathroom and I know that color is too bright white. Is there anther brand with the same (or very similar) color as TEC standard white? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: TEC standard white sanded grout - similar in another brand???

Need to make a decision pretty quickly if possible. Anyone know if any of the whites from Polyblend or Mapei are similar to TEC "standard white" grout?

Thanks!

o

I would call them at Susan Jablon and see if they can recommend something other than the TEC.

o

I am considering this tile and would love to know what grout you went with as well as see your backsplash if you have a picture.

o

Colors are very much in the eye of the beholder...but I'll bite anyway...

Closest might be Laticrete "Bright White".

Second, maybe Custom's "Bright White".

Notice the trend? lol

I don't think Mapei would be a good match, their white always comes off as yellowish to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here