Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Show me your beadboard with tile

Posted by keeperofthememories (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 3, 09 at 11:28

We are getting ready to start our bathroom remodel next week. We had originally planned on tiling the walls with a white or cream subway tile with black accents. I'm now second-guessing our decision. Honestly, I would be just as happy with beadboard around the majority of the room and tile around the wall of the drop-in tub and in the shower. We'd like to paint the upper walls either a blue/gray or a dark nautical blue with white painted beadboard. I'm thinking now that the subway tile just won't go with the beadboard with both the vertical and horizontal lines. Does anyone have any pics so I can get some ideas for tile that would go well with the beadboard?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Show me your beadboard with tile

Here is ours. This is vinyl beadboard. I think beadboard goes with everything except something that would be ultra modern. I included the last photo just so you could see the style of the entire room.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Thanks for the pics. They were very helpful. You have a beautiful bathroom. I do have a question for you... are you happy with the height of the tile over the tub? We were talking about having it about the same height but now that I see yours, I'm wondering if we should go a little higher since the kids will be using the tub.

o

This is our master bathroom- the first 4 pictures (the house is still in progress when they were taken). Ours is wood beadboard. It was done at the end of last year. No problems yet! For reference, there is a claw foot tub opposite the shower and the toilet is behind the shower.

Here is a link that might be useful: ouryellowhouse

o

Thanks for the compliment. You can definitely go higher and have it look just fine. Go as high as the top of the beadboard.

o

ouryellowhouse, your bath is beautiful. I love that shower. Awesome.

o

ouryellowhouse--I love your bathroom tile! It looks to be the same shape as the subway tile and it looks great!

o

I think tile or beadboard will work for your wall, really depends on your preference. I don't think it will the horizontal of subway pattern will clash with vertical of beadboard. Here are a few photos from our bathroom, which has subway tile in the shower and also beadboard for the walls. In our case there is a mirror above the beadboard and paint above that. We used redwood strips (around 4-5 inch widths)that fit together. Contractor felt that this would work better for a bathroom - no chance of warping. This may be overly cautious but it has worked fine for us. However it was a bit involved - priming for a few coats and then regular paint (around the sides, too), plus white caulk between strips. Good luck on making your remodel.

Master Bath - Shower etc

Master Bath - Tile Patterns

o

nopushover-- sorry it took me a few days to respond. We are literally knee deep in bathroom remodel! Your tile is very close to what we had originally planned for our tile. It is so nice to see the white and black subway tile with the beadboard. It looks great together. Thanks for sharing those pics!

o

OK, so some may notice that I have a collection of my favorite links stored up here, but this is a great bathroom that folkman posted, finished pics are at the bottom- really nice design ideas and choices!

Here is a link that might be useful: Folkman's bathroom

o

pepperidge farm,

That is nice. The warm colors give the beadboard an entirely different look in that bathroom. Thanks for sharing it!

o

We put beadboard tile in our kids' bathroom. We put it in about 1 1/2 years go, and have been happy with it. The tile came in pieces that were about 4 or 5" x 10". Not sure if I'll link this right, I've never tried to do it before!

Mally

Here is a link that might be useful: kids bath

o

Mally,

We hadn't thought of doing the tile beadboard. It's interesting how you carried it into the shower. Thanks for sharing the pics.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here