Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
frameless shower door height

Posted by ikea_gw (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 11:02

We are putting a frameless shower door in our masters and have some questions about the height of the door. We definitely don't want it to go all the way to the ceiling. The shower is 39x55 (inside curb) with a rainshower head 84 inches from the floor. What will be a good height for the glass door/panel? Thanks so much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: frameless shower door height

76" should be sufficient.

o

I don't know what the proper height should be but we have ours at the same height as the top of the window casing of the window next to the shower. Visually I think this looks good.

o

Our glass is at 7' with an 8' ceiling. Water spashes as soon as it hits your bod, so if you have tallish people using the shower, higher is probably better than lower.

-Babka

o

My husband is 6 ft tall. 76 inch glass + 6 inch curb will be 82 inches from the floor. Will that be enough?

o

Yes I believe so, that is what usually do. Anywhere between 72" and 76" is the norm.

o

Keep in mind that height will determine how easy or hard it will be to reach the top of the panel to clean (with Windex or whatever you use.) I'm trying to decide height also knowing that I don't want to have to get out the step ladder everytime I want to clean the top of the door/panel.

o

You will only need to clean it if water spatters on it. Either way, you will have to clean the glass or the floor outside the shower, if the door isn't high enough to contain the splash. Take your pick. I selected a patterned glass, so it won't show spots.

-Babka

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here