Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
penny round tile

Posted by deb1226 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 23, 12 at 10:54

Has anyone used penny round tile...on the floor or as a tub surround? Just wondering on how easy the install is and the upkeep. I'd love any input and pics would be great! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: penny round tile

If you are doing a large area in them picture yourself setting a solid 12x12 tile level in a bed of peanut butter, fairly easy, press on the entire thing down then put a little more pressure on the high corner or side to set it down. With a sheet of penny tile it is not quite that simple and you have to take more care to get them level. Not at all impossible, just harder.

Not sure if they have the slip resistance to make them suitable for floors so check with the seller or check the spec sheet from the manufacturer.

Grout space is the biggest issue most people will have with penny tile. There tends to be a bit more grout area. People tend to like to minimize grout because it can mold and attract dirt so keep that in mind for the location of your penny tile.

o
RE: penny round tile

I did use this tile in the kids bathroom floor and a little in the bath niche. I was charged an upcharge to install this tile and it took them quite a while to do it! They did an ok job but I still feel like the floor is not level. Once they clear all the mess and floor coverings this week I will take a pic.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here