Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for help on color of floor tile

Posted by alilmuse (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 19, 12 at 10:47

I have a black granite countertop, White Vanity, white framed mirror, I'm debating on big squared white or black tiles for the floor, any suggestions would be very welcome.

I plan on doing subway tiles for the shower surround as well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for help on color of floor tile

How about a mottled dark gray. Have you looked on Houzz.com? you can search their site and see way more pics than you can imagine.

o

thank you enduring, I'll take a look.

o

I had all white tile bathroom for 18 years. The downside of white tile on the floor is that it shows every speck of dirt and every hair that is shed. If you use white grout, that grout doesn't stay white. To clean the floor, I pretty much always had to get down on my hands and knees to scrub it. However, I loved the white tiles on the walls.

When I redid the bathroom, I still wanted to use a light tile on the walls, but I wanted something lower maintenance on the floor. I used Daltile Concrete Connection in the color "steel structure". It is a dark gray. I used a gray grout. I love it.

o

We inherited all white tile bathrooms with white grout when we bought our house. So far, we have redone everything except the bathrooms. I despise the white tile/grout. flicka is right in that it shows every speck of dust and the white grout, even after cleaning, does not remain white at all. I would never go with white tile/grout if I were doing a bathroom!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here