Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cityofparis

Photos of AO Catarina Coliseum White tile

Does anyone have this tile in their bathroom? Did you use it for the floor or (and) wall. I need to visualize.

If you used it for the floor, what color and size tile for the wall.

How about paint color.

Is it easy to clean the Catarina white coliseum tile.

Matching colors and different sizes of tiles is my worst subject.

I appreciate the help.

Thanks

Comments (54)

• mizmom
    15 years ago

OH! Oh! Oh!
    I think this is the tile we just put in our master bath and I love it. I know it is AO but it has been so long since I saw the invoice that I forgot the name.
    The above tile looks like 12". We installed the 18" on an angle like the above floor. I also had some random granite dots added. We are absolutely, positively very pleased with the look of the floor. It came out much better than we were expecting. We also had the 3"X12" trim pieces installed as baseboards. Grout used was a latacrete(sp?) light gray (sterling maybe?).
    Since we are doing a gradual update to the bath, I would like to eventually replace the 4" white tiles in the shower and on the tub surround with the AO matching wall tile from this series and use the 1X1 mosaics in the shower floor. The wall tile is polished, unlike the matt finish on the floor tile. Since we have 2 in college and an upcoming wedding to pay for it will probably be a year or so before that happens.
    So far the upkeep has been very easy...just a swifter for hair and dust and damp mop for spots. The matt finish does not show water spotting like a polished finish would.
    I think this tile is very versitile and almost any paint color would look great. I used BM Ocean Air which is a little more greenish than the light blue I was looking for but it is very spa-like.
    I am also looking forward to junco's finished bath pics. (If someone can point me to the directions to posting pics, I can try to share some also.)

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    15 years ago

pictures, mizmon?

• junco East Georgia zone 8a
    15 years ago

The shower is tiled but the walls not grouted yet.The glass tile looks a little greener in the pictures than it does in person. The walls will be BM Quiet Moments.

• duckee
    15 years ago

Junco, that looks wonderful. Thank you for posting the pictures. Our Catarina will be going in today and I can't wait to see it.

Do you know the name and color of the grout that was used on your floor?

15 years ago

The floor and shower floor are sterling silver, not sure of brand on floor. In the shower is Laticrete. The color on the walls of shower and room is white.

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bump

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

Your bathroom looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures and the name of the tile and grout.

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bumpety bump

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump-bump

15 years ago

Walls are painted and granite coutertop is to be installed tomorrow. Will post more pictures then.

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Can't wait to see the complete results.
    Thanks, again.

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bumpety bump

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump

15 years ago

Gitananowel--
    There's been a messup with my vanity top, but I promise I'll post a picture of the painted walls soon.
    Sorry for the delay

15 years ago

Here are some pictures with the grouting done, walls painted, fixtures in and a pile of towels I'm considering.

• ging9
    15 years ago

mind sharing your paint color? It is just what I am looking for. thanks

15 years ago

The walls are Bm Quiet Moments.

• monicakm_gw
    15 years ago

Absolutely beautiful!!

• keepitunder20
    15 years ago

Junco, Your bath looks beautiful! How do you like your seat? It's the same one I'm considering. How large is it? Do you really use it as a seat?

Cathy

• mizmom
    15 years ago

Junco, your bath looks great. The shower design looks beautiful and is giving me more ideas.

We are doing a gradual update so only the floor is done so far along with a new toilet. Under tile heating has been added and we can't wait to use it this winter. The tiles are 18X18 with four 2X2 corner dots in granite(Ice blue or Blue Ice?)
    Okay...here goes with some attempts to post pics of our floor:

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    15 years ago

Thanks, mizmom. It looks great! I've been thinking about doing something similar, so it's really nice to see how it looks in real life.

15 years ago

Keepitunder20

The seat is 18" on the side edges. I haven't used it yet, still waiting for the shower doors.

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump

• salbwil
    15 years ago

Junco,
    Love your bath !
    Will you please share all the particulars, including that beautiful glass tile ?
    salbwil

• salbwil
    15 years ago

Sorry,
    Just found the names......salbwil

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

Junco and Mizmom, I love both of your bathrooms and I love the design Mizmom did on the floor. Thanks Mizmom for sharing the pictures to give me ideas for my bathroom when I am ready to do it and thanks Junco for giving me ideas for my foyer that will not have a design due to the size but will have tiles on an angle. Also thanks Junco for sharing that beautiful paint color which I feel would look great in my bathroom. I also love the shower tiles so much with the design you did.

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bumpety bump

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

I love the tile in the bathroom pics. I also love the wall colors and just the overall look of both bathrooms with this beautiful tile.

• gary1227
    15 years ago

Below are some photos of our new master bathroom under construction using the A/O Coliseum White tiles. The wall tiles are polished ceramic and the floor tiles are the matt finish porcelain. We used carrara marble chair rails for the accent pieces (the real thing) and Caeserstone "pebble" quartz for the vanity top and atop shower stall walls.
    I'll post completed photos next month.

• fatquarters
    15 years ago

love, love , love this tile. Just what I have been looking for. Forgive me but I am not familiar with the name AO, is that a shortened version of a company name?

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hi fatquarters
    ao is the initials for the company american olean which makes the catarina tile

• fatquarters
    15 years ago

Thanks gitananoel, I will check, probably N/A is Canada.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    15 years ago

Looks like it's going to be great, mairin. Please post completed photos when you have them (and what a little cutie, too!)

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump

• mizmom
    15 years ago

Thank you for everyone continuing to post pictures of their bath with this tile. It may be awhile before we get to shower/countertop/bath surround and it is great to see what options might be available for use with Catarina.

Gary, I really like the way the Ceasarstone "pebble" looks with your AO tile. Our floor accents are darker than what I want for a countertop and that combo looks really nice. Is that honed or polished? If you could post a closeup with the AO tile, that would be great.

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    Original Author
    15 years ago

mairin
    the little one looks happy prancing on the new floor tiles. she looks like she's havng fun.
    what a charmer.

• gary1227
    15 years ago

Hi Mizmom. I will try to get a closeup of the Caeserstone "pebble" - std polished finish. The painters currently have everything wrapped but they should be done by the weekend and I will post some additional photos.

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump

• mahalemama
    15 years ago

Just wandering if anyone has tried using this same tile in a 18x18 on the wall. We just purchased this exact same tile for our bath floor, shower surround and half way up the walls in 18x18. We were recommended a specific adhhesive for the application on the walls but we are still worried about such a large tile staying put on the walls. Has anyone else tried it??

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump

• abbycat9990
    14 years ago

bump

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    Original Author
    14 years ago

bump

• Jenzia
    12 years ago

I had the AO Coliseum tile installed this past week. I'm concerned because the tile guy said I had to use a 3/16th grout spacing because "anything smaller will crack". I told him I wanted smaller grout lines so it looks more like marble (1/8th inch spacing). The tile place where I got it also told me to use a smaller grout line. I feel like I let him decide for me. I'm upset about this and I hope the 3/16th grout lines will look okay. The smaller grout lines look very nice in the photos here. I'm upset that I allowed him to sort of 'bully' me and tell me what I had to do. I also later looked on the AO website and they said 1/8 spacing is recommended and the tile is 'rectified' - darn it, I saw that too late!

We're having the grout put in tomorrow (white)...hopefully the grout lines won't look too big. Just venting a little here. I do like the tile as a nice option to get the look of carrara marble.

One question, does anyone have any thoughts on using a real carrara marble vanity top, or possibly black matte granite?

• choufleur
    7 years ago

Long shot but I'm trying to source the AO Catarina Coliseum White in 12 x 12 or larger (I can always have tile cut down to size) to fix broken tiles in my kitchen. It's been discontinued and AO was no help. Need at least 6.