Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tips for bathroom organizing with kids?

Posted by DeeV78 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 16, 14 at 9:21

We are moving from a condo with 2 full baths to a house with 1 full bath. I have a 5 yr old and another baby on the way. In our condo, DH and I share one bathroom and my 5 yr old has his own. Since he's the only one that uses the second bath, I keep all his bath toys in the tub scattered around; no clean up needed other than to clean the tub.

Looking for tips on how to better organize a small bathroom to make it work for a family of 4. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tips for bathroom organizing with kids?

I have seen people install a tension-fit shower rod across the back wall of the tub/shower and use it to hang plastic baskets for toys and shampoo, etc. Very easy, inexpensive, flexible, and temporary (the kids won't always have a tub full of toys).

You could also throw all the toys in a mesh drawstring bag and hang it from the shower wall with a hook.

o

My daughter has one of these stuck on the bath wall

I don't love it, but it works.

o

I shake out the toys and put them in the baby's plastic tub, and store the baby tub in the alcove bathtub with the shower curtain closed. If I'm feeling lazy I wait until the morning, when the toys are totally dry.

The baby tub full of toys only comes out of the bathtub when someone is showering or bathing, when I put it just outside the bathtub, and guests don't see it unless they are using the bathtub.

Also helps my 3 year old forget about the toys when he is not supposed to be playing with them....

o

I sewed 2 loops of ribbon onto the corners of a cheap lingerie mesh bag. Then I hung those loops on 2 Command hooks mounted on the wall. Total cost <$5. The toys can dry out and they are out of the way. We have a freestanding tub so the toys drip onto the floor. Would be better in a tub with a surround.But it is at least partially hidden when the shower curtain is closed.

Not the most attractive solution but I've given up on attractive when it comes to kids' toys and settle for organized. I didn't want to pay for a neon pink toy net and this accomplishes the same thing for cheap and I can throw it in the wash if it gets dingy. I've had it up for maybe 6 months and everything is holding up perfectly. When all her toys are in there, it is pretty full!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here