Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grout Color and Type for Bathroom Floor

Posted by swesna (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 20, 12 at 8:52

I grouted my bathroom floor about two years ago after setting the following tile purchased at HD:

floor tile

the suggested grout color for this tile is "light smoke". this would probably look great but they only carry this in normal un/sanded. One other color I was thinking of was "earth" which would be a close match to the color of the tile...more of a blended look and is available in CEG-Lite or normal un/sanded grout.

I think I might have used "earth" originally in sanded but washed out the color when we performed the clean-up after grouting. This has always bothered me...therefore I am removing and reinstalling the grout.

I do prefer the epoxy or epoxy like grouts just because I think they look good.

Which grout epoxy or epoxy like or cement based would you go with on a bathroom floor, that can be purchased at either lowes or hd?

Is the CEG-Lite good for the epoxy like grout?

I know the epoxy type grouts are harder during clean up but and my other fear is if you make a mistake then it would be hard to remove as I am currently doing with the cement based grout.

Any help appreciated...oh and I still have to grout my shower walls too bc I did not want to proceed after not being happy with the floor. Yes, that was two years ago.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grout Color and Type for Bathroom Floor

I would use the Tec Invision premixed grout from Lowes. We have over 2000 sqr ft of tile and absolutely love this grout. It does not lose color, is easy to work with and cleans up very nice. It also resists cracking. I recently made the mistake of going with regular cement grout for around a tub because the Tec Invision didn't have the color I wanted. Big mistake. We have regrouted some of our floor with the Tec Invision over the years and absolutely love it. I wish I had used it originally for the whole floor. They have a nice brown color that would go great with your tile. A little vinegar and water gets the haze off when your done grouting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here