Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
swesna

Grout Color and Type for Bathroom Floor

swesna
11 years ago

I grouted my bathroom floor about two years ago after setting the following tile purchased at HD:

floor tile

the suggested grout color for this tile is "light smoke". this would probably look great but they only carry this in normal un/sanded. One other color I was thinking of was "earth" which would be a close match to the color of the tile...more of a blended look and is available in CEG-Lite or normal un/sanded grout.

I think I might have used "earth" originally in sanded but washed out the color when we performed the clean-up after grouting. This has always bothered me...therefore I am removing and reinstalling the grout.

I do prefer the epoxy or epoxy like grouts just because I think they look good.

Which grout epoxy or epoxy like or cement based would you go with on a bathroom floor, that can be purchased at either lowes or hd?

Is the CEG-Lite good for the epoxy like grout?

I know the epoxy type grouts are harder during clean up but and my other fear is if you make a mistake then it would be hard to remove as I am currently doing with the cement based grout.

Any help appreciated...oh and I still have to grout my shower walls too bc I did not want to proceed after not being happy with the floor. Yes, that was two years ago.

Comment (1)