Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where to buy reasonable priced vanities?

Posted by lajoanna (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 12, 13 at 8:34

Please recommend. I have three bathrooms to remodel. Thank you GW in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where to buy reasonable priced vanities?

What do you consider a reasonable price?

o

Agree. What are you looking to spend, what style do you want? What construction do you want? Ikea has some pretty cheap vanities. Lowes had some very inexpensive ones as well.

o

I agree look at Ikea., HomeDepot and Lowes. Keep watching on eBay and Craig's list, I was able to get a display model this way. Depending on how much you are planning on spending you might find one on the website madeinamericavanities.com. I hope you are able to find what you want.

o

But watch the low end stuff at Lowes. My dh and I went in there to look at vanities, especially their low/mid priced stuff. All of their display models were shoddily put together - crooked drawers, staples showing on the ends, doors that hung off kilter. A lot of particle board, which I think could be problematic in a bathroom (potentially wet environment). Granted, those were *display* units; maybe the ones still in boxes were assembled with some care. But I'd be very cautious. And no matter what, the boxed units would still have all that particle board.

After that experience we gave up entirely on the big box stores for vanities - we felt like we'd get junk from them in the low/mid price range. If you want rustic - which you probably don't - I can tell you where to go for *that*!

o

Most kitchen cabinet companies also make vanities. I've sold everything from a $350 Aristokraft one to a 6K Omega one. There's room for whatever someone might consider "reasonably priced" in just about any showroom. Just tell the designer your budget up front and they can guide you to something that will fit that.

o

Thank you! I was thinking in the $1500-$2500 range. I do not want the Lowe'r Home Depot off the shelf. I want something good quality that will last and i won't regret. You buy cheap you buy twice. I do have a MasterBath vanity from HD that is great. I was thinking of doing that again. I have three bathrooms to renovate!

I live in Los Angeles too so any store options are helpful!

This was one i was going to get too.
http://www.modernbathroom.com/bathroom-vanities/amare-60-wall-mounted-double-bathroom-vanity-set-with-integrated-sinks-by-wyndham-collection-espresso__wc-r4100-60-esp-dbl-resin.aspx

o

I got vanities from Kraftmaid since I needed custom sizing, might be an option. I didn't care for the master bath from hd. I found some decent ones on overstock, amazon and wayfair. But buying unseen is not something I wanted to do. Lowes in our area had by far the best selection.

What sizes/ style are you looking for? Is your budget for all 3 vanities and vanity tops?

o

In that price range I'd recommend Bertch. Nice quality, good selection of styles. You can find a dealer near you on the Bertch web site.

o

There are lots of great website. ebay.com, www.luxurybathvanity.com, overstock.com, there are a lot of great deals on craigslist in the Los Angeles area. Modern Bathroom in nice, but i don't like the people, not very friendly. Many choices!

Here is a link that might be useful: LuxuryBathVanity

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here