Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Super cheap porcelain console sink we used.

Posted by VictoriaElizabeth (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 16, 13 at 8:31

Back when we did our bathroom, I ordered an unbelievably cheap porcelain console sink. $350 cheap. If you've shopped for consoles, you know that they run upwards of $1,000, especially for the longer ones.

When I posted our finished bath remodel , I got a lot of questions about the sink but I couldn't recommend it because they sent me multiple sets of legs. ALL of which were crooked... and I ended up keeping the least bent ones (how you bend porcelain, I have no idea. But I guess you get what you pay for.) And then the distributor had stopped carrying it, so it wasn't even an option to keep exchanging them.

It was on backorder when we were planning, and by the time it was delivered, everything was laid out to that sink size, so I was sort of stuck. I'm the only one who would notice the legs, and while it bothered me at the time, now I don't notice it at all.

Plus it's the only sink I found anywhere that had such a shallow depth... so I would have chosen it even if it was more expensive. Our bath is really narrow, and finding something with nice counter space that didn't stick out too far was really great. Frankly, I'd order it again, despite all the issues I had... the size/price was that appealing to me.

I was looking on Amazon for kitchen sinks, and now see that they are selling it (used to be one of their vendors) the reviews are mixed. But I thought I'd share because the price is so great, and because I got so many questions about it. Plus, since it's Amazon selling it, at least you know their customer service will be good if it doesn't meet your expectations.

Anyway, if you order it, let me know how the legs are.
Victoria

Here is a link that might be useful: Console sink on Amazon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Super cheap porcelain console sink we used.

You're the gal who blogged about the mirror that looked like a kingdom, right?
That was hilarious and satisfying. Kudos.
*applauds and nods appreciatively*

o

I cannot even tell you how much it thrills me to be "the gal who blogged about the kingdom mirror."

It's like the greatest claim to fame I could have ever hoped for.
You totally made my day.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kingdom mirror

o

The kingdom mirror is epic! It has made the rounds in so many different segments of the blogging community! Love it!

o

OMGOSH! What a GREAT story! I've read some of your blog once before. This mirror story is great! I want to know how you got TWO of them!

o

Both are from craigslist... the one in the foyer isn't as good a story as the kingdom. I mean how can you top being kept in an alley?

On the other hand, it was only $150...
Viva la Craigslist!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Other mirror in foyer.

o

Oh, yes, the kingdom mirror. Such a fabulous story and a one-of-a-kind gem!

o

Viva la Craigslist!

p.s.- one of my readers ordered the sink and reported that it was exactly what she wanted, and in great shape.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here