Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carolinesmom_gw

Aquatic Hotsoak - Any experience?

carolinesmom
14 years ago

Hi everyone; found only one thread from awhile back on these tubs. Any experience with them? Thank you!

Comments (4)

• cookie08
    14 years ago

You can also get a heated soaker tub from MTI.

• repurr
    14 years ago

I just installed one, but the bathroom is still a work on process. I am very familiar with the joys of installation so if you have any questions about that, I feel qualified to answer just about anything up to sitting in a filled one with a rubber duckie.
    Quality of the unit is good. It comes packed very well. Ours is an alcove installation so we had the tile flange installed. No problem there. The finish is rugged and cleans up nicely. The electrical is no problem, but watch where you place the outlet. Our individual unit was 5/16ths of an inch shorter than spec. If your installation is critical in that regard, (as ours was) be prepared for some modifications.
    It isn't as heavy as it looks, so you won't get a hernia moving it. The plastic base is as big as the tub so you might have to modify you apron construction. The plumbing hookup dimensions given by Aquatic had to be adjusted a bit.
    When we filled it for the first and only time, the ample motor fired up instantly. The output from the heater is a mild temperature increase so you will not accidently scald yourself.
    Hope that helps.

• carolinesmom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks so much repurr! I'm clipping this post immediately for future reference! Did you comparison shop with MTI? I looked at them online last night after cookie08s suggestion. They offer both inline heating and a radiant (more expensive) system. Just curious if you considered it. Thanks so so much!

• repurr
    14 years ago

Please excuse my late response. Work gets in the way of life.
    I came across the MTI in my research but they didn't have the size that was necessary. As we all know size does matter. So I didn't spend much investigating time. The local distributors were either unknown to us, or were ones that we did not feel warm & fuzzy about. When you're laying out 4 figures for an oversized bucket, You really need to feel warm & fuzzy about with whom you're dealing. Something will go awry, so I factor in the dealer before I make a decision. For another 10-15%, I'd rather deal with someone I feel comfortable with. At my advanced age, I may have more money than time.
    I focused in on the Aquatic fairly quickly as the choice fit all of my parameters. There weren't many other buckets that filled my bill.
    Have some fun, Carolinesmom!