Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New home - 3 bathroom renovations - layout help please

Posted by lajoanna (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 12, 13 at 8:18

I just bought a new home for my family and we are about to do a major renovation.
Gut the existing bathroom, create a master suite with master bath (right now its outside of master and outdated) and we are adding a 3rd - noted as powder.

Please review my architect plans and let me know thoughts, suggestions, comments.

Next is picking out styles...but first wanted to get floor plans evaluated.

NOTE: We have two kids too 6 & 4.
We are practical people.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New home - 3 bathroom renovations - layout help please

I can't read the dimensions on this, so you'd have to sketch it out to see how the inches end up being allocated.

I'd plan on bathroom fights. The kids are pretty close in age. I'd try moving things around a bit and see how it works out.

Take the closet in the middle bedroom off that wall (we'll deal with it later). Put the toilet across from the tub with a small linen closet, maybe some hampers. Consider a sliding door (maybe frosted glass for light) between the sink are and tub area, which allows for two people to use it at once. Add a second sink area where the toilet was.

Then take out the master toilet. Slide the closet over. Put the middle bedroom closet to the right of the new master closet location. Put the shower along the outer wall with the toilet next to it. Put a larger double vanity on the back of the closet wall. The vanity depicted looks a bit small for two people/sinks, but I can't read the size so hard to tell. Might have to make the closet a few inches shallower, hard to tell.

If it were my home, the kids bath access issue and larger master vanity would be my "wants". Worth playing around on paper a bit, even if it just convinces you it isn't the right choice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here