Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Simple Large Tile Shower Ideas

Posted by deannad (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 11, 13 at 8:11

Hi,

We're about to start a bathroom remodel. I want porcelain tile flooring and also up the bath/shower walls. I don't want glass tile because I feel like it's trendy, but I'm getting granite countertops so I'm thinking maybe alternating the porcelain tiles in the shower with some matching granite tiles as accent?

I spent hours on Houzz last night, but I can't find anything that I like - just simple, classic, nothing 'cluttered' looking.

If anyone has a site they can recommend for this please let me know!! I'm anxious to get started!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Simple Large Tile Shower Ideas

You might look at the Ann Sacks website. They have simple classic looking tiles. They also list all their prices on line and have the AS Basics $4 to $14 line. Sonoma Tile is also another one with simple tile, but very pretty.

o

I think that with your desire for "simple, classic, nothing 'cluttered' looking", that leaving the accent tiles out of your tile pattern would be the way to go.

I like Noopd's tile wall in his bathroom. I will post a link to a thread that has several pictures. Look about 1/3 of the way down.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mongoct, Noopd, or Others, Please Advise Me on My Shower Plan

o

This is our shower in progress. The tiles actually have the bamboo texture but it isn't too obvious.

I agree with enduring that if you want simple and uncluttered look you might want to rethink accent tiles. Or use them very sparingly. I've seen large 12x24 tile showers with small amount of solid color glass accent tiles and they look nice. Not sure if granite mixed in will work because granite tends to have very busy patterns.

o

I'm not sure how large a tile you plan on using, we used 12x24 tiles.

This is a hall bathroom. Yes, we used glass tiles, but you could substitute them with your granite tile instead.

photo IMG_2144.jpg

This is our master shower. There is one navy wall with a tan stripe and the other walls are tan with a navy stripe.

Master Shower photo IMG_2093.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here