Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bantymom_gw

Slide-bar for Victorian-like bathroom

bantymom
9 years ago

Greetings all!

I'm working (slowly) on a bathroom and am trying to finish up the plumbing. I've got all the parts but one: the slide-bar and all the bits it's attached to. I'm looking for something in brushed nickel, Victorian in feel, and very long. I've not had any luck, but perhaps someone here knows a secret site that would be helpful.

As to the long part, I would like 36-42 inches. Yikes! I know, let's just see if I can make it any more difficult.

I thought I had a picture of the wall of fixtures, but apparently not, so here is a mock-up I did in Google Sketch Up. The fixtures in the mock-up are very modern in style, but that's because they were handy. I'll post the actual fixtures tomorrow. I've attached the mockup.

The tub/shower is very wide (40") and I didn't want to be leaning in so far to get to fixtures in the middle, so I put them on the side next to the door.

Questions:

1) Are slide bars all the same thickness (i.e., can I put switch out the slide bar and put in a longer one if I can find it)?

2) Are there custom fixture makers?

3) Are the handheld "stems" all the same? Will the handheld holding part hold any make of handheld shower?

Thanks so much for any help you can give me,
Bantymom

Comments (2)