Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Using a tall(er) faucet on an undermount sink?

Posted by EdeLa (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 3, 12 at 1:11

Hello!

We are renovating the main bathroom in our house and I am considering putting a tall-ish faucet (HansGrohe Metris S at 10" high) with a 'regular' sink (not a vessel sink).

Reason being, when I wash my face I like to cup my hands under the tap and splash the water on my face a few times. My current faucet (about 4" tall...average height given what I have seen in the stores) bothers me as I have to lean very close to the sink so I don't splash water everywhere.

I am wondering if anyone here has used a taller vanity faucet with a regular undermount sink and has any feedback to offer? I would very much appreciate hearing your thoughts before I head off to purchase it!

Cheers

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Using a tall(er) faucet on an undermount sink?

For years my kids bathroom had a bar faucet, I chose it because of the high neck and it worked out really well, It made it much easier for them to wash up - brush their teeth etc.
I chose a bar faucet because I wasn't spending money on the bathroom at the time but had to replace the single vanity as cheap as possible and HD had the bar faucet as the cheapest high neck faucet

I was a great choice and we loved it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here