Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have you cut holes in your mirror for outlets?

Posted by cmc_in_sf (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 15, 08 at 0:48

Just wanted to know how hard or easy this would be. The thing that worries me the most is that the holes would be about 2" for the edge and about an inch for the bottom of the mirror. Any suggestions on how to go about this?

TIA,

-Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have you cut holes in your mirror for outlets?

It can be done by a glass company. We were going to do this and the place where we were going to get our custom mirror from would have cut 2 outlets into the mirror.

I decided to not go through with this and had our contractor move an outlet to a side wall. (I was never happy with where he put the outlets - just came home one day and they were there. I learned to be more specific on a few things for the next remodel!)

So now we only have 1 side outlet rather than 2 in front of the sinks but my husband and I don't use the bathroom at the same time so it is not a problem for us, but might be a problem for others. (Should the next buyer of our house need more outlets, the nonfunctional cutouts are hidden under the mirror!)

o

We are considering cutting holes to mount our sconces directly on the mirror. We were quoted (by the glass company supplying the mirror) $50 per hole to cut, and they can do it for light boxes, outlets, you name it.

HTH.

o

Ah, good to know. I'll start getting quotes from glass companies. Thanks!

o

Gumper, a good friend just did that and it's beautiful. I'm thinking about copying.

o

We did it for our sconces like gumper is thinking of. The far sconce was really close to the edge of the mirror maybe an inch or two, but the glass company did it no problem.

Photobucket

o

Budgel you're bathroom is beautiful what kind of faucets are those. Can you show a pick of your shower and floor?

o

Thanks 1sudude. The faucet is grohe. There are more pics in the gallery, but I think my lens was pretty dirty when I took the pics since they are all a bit fuzzy.

Here is a link that might be useful: budge's bath

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here