Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Duravit d-code tub? Any thoughts?

Posted by pipdog (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 11, 12 at 0:44

We are contemplating this tub (versus the Kohler Archer) for our remodel. We have a narrow bathroom and need a tub that is 30 inches or less wide. We will be bathing toddlers so we want something that is not too deep so we don't strain our backs.

The Duravit d-code tub dimensions are 59 x 29 1/2.

Does anyone have any experience with this tub? I did a search and didn't see much. It seems fairly affordable -- I guess it's Duravit's "entry-level" line -- but I am wondering how it compares to the other more well-known brands out there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Duravit D-Code

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Duravit d-code tub? Any thoughts?

I don't know much about the Duravit tubs. I've seen their catalogs, and they are very nice looking!

FWIW, our Toto 1525 cast iron tubs (we have two) are 30" wide (60" long). They are 16 3/4" high. We are very happy with them. If your floor can support cast iron, you might want to check them out for comparison.

I just received an email from another GW'er, inquiring about how my DH installed our tubs. At our plumbers suggestion, DH installed the tubs on the first layer of plywood subfloor (3/4" plywood), and then installed another layer of plywood (he thinks it was 1/2") on top of the first layer. Mud, thinset, heat mats, tile were then laid over that. In effect, the tub is "sunken" into the floor. Makes it easier getting into/out of the tub, and I'd guess, easier on the back for bathing toddlers, or even just cleaning the tub.

(Just be sure to inform the plumber about your plans re: floor/tub so he or she can install all the plumbing at the correct heights. Also, with the dual layer subfloor, there is an impact on your toilet�s height, and therefore the plumbing height for the toilet might be impacted, incl the water feed for the toilet which usually sticks out of the wall, close to the floor).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here