Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Powder Room Vanity

Posted by OyiwaaNoela (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 3, 14 at 0:20

Hello,

I am thinking of buying this vanity for my powder room: http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/203493236?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=203493236&R=203493236

Is this a good deal ? Quality wise, is it worth the price?

I realized I also need to get an 8" widespread faucet. What will you recommend within the $100 range?

Thanks - Oyiwaa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Powder Room Vanity

The posted reviews seem to think the quality was quite good, although usually a good idea to read each one - you can often learn something that may not be spelled out in the description.

Theres a multitude of widespread faucets out there and styles a very personal choice. Since youve clearly a HDepot by you, this link provides their 33 bath faucets within $100 that are 8" widespread, sorted lowest to highest price.

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Bath-Bathroom-Faucets-Sink-Faucets-8-Widespread-Sink-Faucets/N-5yc1vZbrgkZ12l2?NCNI-5&Ns=P_REP_PRC_MODE:0

You can narrow it down further at left by handle type, spout type, metal, etd. Sorting by rating may be a bad idea because it will limit many just because they dont have any rating yet.

o

This does look like a good deal. Are you sure you can get it? The link says it's out of stock online. Maybe in your local store?

Here is a link that might be useful: Cherry Vanity, Marble top

o

FWIW, I have bought four Home Depot vanities in the past 8 months, and I must be pretty happy since I keep buying them. I used them in every bath that could readily fit a standard size vanity. I have used the "Foremost" lines, in both Knoxville and Foremost Naples. (I like drawers . . . so I only look at ones with drawers.) They have all had that same type of granite top, two in the color you link, and three in other grey type colors. IMHO, they are a great deal. The top/sinks are about $200 and are all complete. The sinks are very nice, and the granite is great IMHO. It is a nice way to get a decent vanity w/o breaking the bank. Anyway, they sell the vanities and tops either bundled or separate. Often times I could get the EXACT same vanity and top for substantially cheaper by ordering them separately. (Makes NO sense, lol). Also, you can get more granite choices that way . . . and sometimes things that are out of stock bundled are available separately. I haven't bought that precise vanity, but the Foremost ones are very nice IMHO, and I wouldn't be shocked if this ones is equally nice. Definitely I can vouch for the granite + undermount sink options on HD. (Tip, install the faucet and drain fittings before installing the top onto the base . . .Much easier!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here