Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
6 ft vanity design

Posted by jasperdog (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 1, 13 at 23:42

We have two bathrooms that have room for 72" vanities. We would like to have double sinks and pendant or sconce lighting. One end of the vanity is against a wall. How do we design the vanities so that there will be room for at least 3 (one on each end and one between the sinks) or 4 lights and still get useful drawer space for hair brushes, etc. Style is contemporary/modern with undermount sinks. Mirrors can be two separate or one large.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 6 ft vanity design

jasper --

My post about my completed bath (faux green marble post) that I recently posted shows my custom 6ft long vanity with 2 sinks. By making the central drawers narrower, the sinks could be closer and allow for 3 sconces, or you could use one continuous mirror and mount the sconces in the mirror itself.

If interested, I could pm you the plans for the vanity my cabinet maker sent me. I used a modification of plans that have been posted by others.

o

We just completed a 72-inch vanity with double sinks and 3 sconces. There are walls at both ends. We experimented with various designs and are pleased with what we worked out with the cabinet maker. It is a contemporary design with several drawers and a central pullout.

We left for Japan 2 days after the contractor completed most of his work, and we just returned home yesterday. I haven't taken pictures yet, but I will try to send some in the next few days. I don't have the 2 mirrors yet, but you will be able to see placement of sconces and design of the drawers.

o

rjr220 - Thanks for the reply. Yes, I would be interested in knowing how wide the doors and drawers are.

dibgar - I would love to see pictures.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here