Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please help with challenging jack n jill tiling - pics included

Posted by michoumonster (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 25, 12 at 23:25

Hi everyone,
I urgently need your help! My builder wants me to tell him how to tile this week.
I have a jack and jill bathroom that is posing a bit of a tiling challenge for me.
The challenge comes with how to tile the walls.
There are two doors going into the room. There is also a 4'W x5' H window that goes along the long side of the tub.
Here is the bath layout. I marked where the doors and window are with red. The pic to the right is how i would like to tile the tub wall that is next to the door.

The vanity will have a wall mount faucet, so I plan to tile halfway up the wall to make it serve as a backsplash.
This is the type of vanity I want to use, but I could change it if needed--

But then what do I do to the other walls? If I tile all the other walls too, will this make it feel claustrophobic? it is not a huge bath, so I would love suggestions on what to do, or how to end the transtions.
thanks very much for your help!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please help with challenging jack n jill tiling - pics includ

Why not do that same wall treatment behind the vanity and mirror as a "panel" and not do the rest of the walls? Since the vanity is on the same wall as the tub, will you be tiling behind the tub up to the window? If so, then continue that to the vanity area to tie it all together, then just paint the rest of the walls.

o

hi debinnh, thanks for the suggestion. I did plan to tile behind the tub up to the window, so that wall will have tile to look like wainscotting. But I am not sure how to do the tile on the wall where the showerhead will go. So for the showerhead area, I was going to do the ""panel"" like the pic above up to the ceiling, but then do I continue tiling all across to the toilet? or how to end it? maybe at the door frame?

o

What I was picturing was from the door frame to the corner where the sink is. As high as the window or a bit higher all around except for the "panels" behind the sink and where the showerhead goes. It looks like the sink is the same width as the showerhead area, but if the sink is wider, then keep the proportions the same and make the panel the same width.

Does that make sense?

o

Hi Deb, i did a mockup of the walls. not sure if this is what you meant. do you mean i should do the small mosaic tiles on the vanity area too?
This is the layout again. i fixed a few things that were not to scale.

This is the wall with the tub and one of the doors. I ended the tile just before the door, and also did a panel of mosaics.

This is the wall with the vanity and window. right now, i did not put in a mosaic panel there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here