Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathtub - enamel on steel or acrylic?

Posted by Rareindigo (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 4, 12 at 23:21

Taking out our old tub which is enamel on steel. Trying to decide if we should stay with what we know or go for the acrylic. Which do you prefer? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathtub - enamel on steel or acrylic?

I have two cast iron enamel tubs. I love how well they maintain the heat.

o

Another vote for cast iron if your floors can support it.

o

again.. cast iron.

o

I have both and like them both. Chose the acrylic one for latest remodel, and like it just fine. I take a lot of baths and the Kohler Bancroft is nice and deep!

This tub gets daily shower use as well, and I appreciate the textured base. Enameled iron requires a nonslip mat if you're using it to shower. I love the feel of the enameled iron but practicality won out in this case.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here