Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would love some flooring suggestions....

Posted by jerzeegirl (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 23:18

I am redoing my bathroom and I have finally found a tile I love for the bath alcove. It's Heath tile Modern Basics in Fern. I thought I would run it vertically to give it a more contemporary look. The vanity is natural walnut and the countertop will be Caesarstone in Organic White.

So I am really stumped about what tile to use on the floor - especially what color to use with the Fern green. Because the bathroom is long and narrow, I was thinking white 18 x 18" on a diagonal or maybe a faux white wood plank in a herringbone design?

This is close to what the color looks like.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: Heath Mod. Basics Fern?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would love some flooring suggestions....

green tile

white bathtub

maybe Carrara marble (real or faux) on the floor to not be too contrasty with the bathtub?

o

I'm afraid Carrara would be too cool with your choices, which all seem to have warm undertones.

With your contemporary space a pale textured tile might be nice. I really like the idea of the white faux wood tile.

o

Thanks, jrueter. I think you are right - I need to think about the way light colors the room.

The only problem with the faux wood is that the room is long and narrow and if I use plank I don't think I should run it longways. I would need to herringbone it or lay it diagonally. (Already I am planning on using vertical tile in the alcove which is going to contribute to the longness of the room!) I know there is some parquet look tile that might be nice.

I am so bad at visualizing! (-:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here