Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cover over extra sink to extend counter?

Posted by jaxo (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 4, 12 at 23:16

I have a bathroom with granite counters and dual oval sinks. The second sink is never used and I'm short of counter space.
Instead of ripping everything out and replacing the granite, is there any way to get a temporary cover for the sink, so I can reclaim that counter space and easily return it to dual sinks for resale or other reasons?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cover over extra sink to extend counter?

If you had a piece of granite cut that would fit in the hole -- is there a rim or ridge of the sink that it could sit on? If not, perhaps lithe legs could be built underneath for it to sink on the sink bottom. Of course, bumpers or pads would be used to protect the surface.

I think it's an interesting idea to make what you have functional.

o

There is no rim. They are two undermount sinks the look like this photo.

o

You could also look for a large tray...I was thinking something antique silver (unless your fixtures are gold as in the photo)

but it could be lacquerware or wicker or??? It could hold items you have out on the counter and look pretty, too.

Here is a marble one, not sure what your decor is

o

The trays look like a good idea. The issue that will probably come up is finding a tray that's big enough to fully cover the sink without being too far oversized and the getting blocked by the faucets.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here