Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clairebuoyant1

show me your rectangular vanity sinks

Claire Buoyant
12 years ago

I'm starting to plan for our MBR remodel/gut job in our 47 year old bathroom. Our double vanity is only 6 feet wide and I would like to keep double sinks. I'm thinking that rectangular sinks would maximize usable counter space and offer a clean, modern look. I'd like to keep them at a width of 16" to 18" wide.

Would love to see yours.

Comments (30)

• desertsteph
    12 years ago

I'm eying this one, but it's 23" wide...

I think I like it because it's different.

Here is a link that might be useful: kohler sink

• nycbluedevil
    12 years ago

Look at the Kohler Verticyl. I have them in oval but it comes in rectangular. It has straight sides and a flat bottom. Very clean and modern. By the way, I think you maximize your usable counter space with an oval rather than a rectangle.

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

Guest bathroom (vanity/sinktop: 31.5" wide):

Hall bathroom (vanity/sinktop: 24" wide):

• Claire Buoyant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

We currently have two ovals and I think two rectangulars would increase usable surface in a practical sense. Plus, I like the more modern vibe. I'm looking for undermount sinks at 16" to 20" widths.

I really appreciate the feedback.

• dedtired
    12 years ago

My Kohler Ladena is 12" by 18". That might work for you.

• loriann246
    12 years ago

I am going with a Kohler Memoirs under mount sink. Is a beautiful rectangle shape with a very nice detail at the rim. It is also available as a self-rimming sink if that's what you are looking for. I've posted a link, but not sure I've done it correctly.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler Memoirs

• three_acres
    12 years ago

We plan to get three Kohler Ladena 12"x18" sinks for our upcoming bathroom remodels. I love that they have the rectangular shape but still has a curved bottom for easy drainage.

• rem1970
    12 years ago

glitterbug, how deep is the vanity you'll be putting the Memoirs sink into? I absolutely love that sink, but worry it might dwarf a 42" wide x 21" deep vanity. Not sure how much space needs to be allowed for the faucet, i.e. how far from the wall.

• busybee3
    12 years ago

really, really like our kohler cast iron demi-lav sinks... they are rectangular drop in, but almost like a vessel/drop in cross... definitely give a more modern vibe. they are about 18"x15". we got the seasalt color, but there are many available...

• jt12
    12 years ago

catmom, i LOVE your sinks! can you tell me what models/manufacturers they are? thank you!!!

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

Thank YOU! They are Sonia sinks (we got them from Hardware-Design in Fairfield NJ). We love them, too, BTW. :-)

• Claire Buoyant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm really liking the Kohler Memoir sinks for our application and size contraints. Thanks for posting!!

• jt12
    12 years ago

thanks catmom! i will definitely check them out!

• loriann246
    12 years ago

Rem1970--My vanity is even smaller than yours, 36" wide 21' deep. I have been assured by the designer that it will fit just fine. I realize its a large sink in a small vanity, but its off my laundry room and I can use it for soaking when necessary. I've seen it in person and its a beautiful sink!

• rem1970
    12 years ago

Thanks glitterbug! When will it be installed? Please post a picture so we can all see!

• skatermom
    12 years ago

We ended up with porcher marquee sinks, they are square so you can maximize counter space...I love the design and it comes in different sizes as well

Here is a link that might be useful: Porcher grand marquee

• sue_b
    12 years ago

I got the vanity made 22 inches wide and (I think) 19 inches deep. I found this rectangular sink online. I used rectangles/squares are the theme for everything, faucet, toothbrush holder, mirror frame, vanity light, towel bars etc. The sink is made in Italy and is the brand Nameeks, model Miky 40 and it is 18" x 12" white. Works well and is not hard to clean.

• Claire Buoyant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sue B., well done!!! Small can be gorgeous!

• pps7
    12 years ago

I love our memoirs sink. I think you will be happy with that choice.

• cangelmd
    12 years ago

we have one Ladena sink and one Ledges sink. I really like my husband's Ledges sink.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ladena and Ledges

• emknc
    12 years ago

Decolav 1402 in white. Delta Grail faucet. LDR soap dispenser.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• riley605
    12 years ago

My granite fabricator sells basic undermount porcelain vanity sinks; I even bought my 16-gauge stainless kitchen single-bowl from him.

I think these are some trade brand, like Souci? I know they were $75 each - I was frightened by the cost of most rectangular sinks I was finding online! They are gently rounded inside at the corners, rather than having the sharp rectangular lines the more expensive sinks have. But, we were able to use these for every bathroom sink in the house:

• cintijen
    12 years ago

Sorry to the OP, but Riley605, I love your countertop. What granite is it? It reminds me of white quartzite (Luce di Luna) but I can't tell for sure.

Thanks!
    Cintijen

• Capegirl05
    12 years ago

Pps...that is pretty! What is the countertop?

• annekendo
    12 years ago

I think riley used a Soci VB5006 sink ($79 online). According to the website, it is similiar to the Kohler Ladena (which is currently my top choice).

Here is a link that might be useful: Soci rectangular undermount sink

• houseful
    12 years ago

Mine are Kohler Memoirs drop-in in a 6-foot vanity. There was always adequate countertop for us, although I don't like to keep stuff on the counter anyway. This is now the kids bath, but it works for them too. If you go with undermount, there will be plenty of room!

• Claire Buoyant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks to all for the great feedback. We're postponing the remodel for a month or so, but I appreciate the pix. some great stuff!

• designhelp
    12 years ago

pps7
    Love your bathroom. What is on the wall behind the vanity, is it paneling?

• pps7
    12 years ago

Thank you! capergirl, the counters are carrera marble.

designhelp, behind the vanity is just drywall painted in the same paint as the rim to mimic paneling.

I've linked the thread to my bathroom it has more details....

Here is a link that might be useful: finished bath