Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frameless shower door

Posted by benflower (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 11, 12 at 22:41

Hope you can help me. Just had a frameless shower door installed. There is about 1/2 in. space at the top of the door on the side that swings in and out. The fixed panel on the other side goes all the way to the top of the frame. (there is a frame at the top, but not at the bottom or sides. This does not look right. I asked the man who installed it and he said it is supposed to be that way. Can you help? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frameless shower door

pictures would help to be certain but I do believe this sounds correct

o

The contractor came by today-- You are right. it is NOT installed correctly. He said the gap may have to be there, but probably should be less than 1/2"---it is also lower on one side than the other. Shower door man is coming back to adjust it. (hope it can be fixed without too much of a problem, but I'm spending a lot of $$$ for this door. It needs to be right.

Thanks

o

Yes i agree it does need to be correct, and I am also happy that the glass company is owning up to the fact that the install is not done correctly. Everyone understands mistakes can happen but what separates the good companies from the bad is how they deal with the mistakes or issues.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here