Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with bathroom design

Posted by natashak (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 13, 12 at 22:31

I'd really love some feedback on our bathroom design for our new home. We have a lot of space, but it seems really awkward to me.

My initial idea is to put the back of the toilet against the big master closet and put up a pony wall as you walk into the bathroom. We are definitely not fans of the closeted bathroom look--we prefer the pony wall. However, that leaves the toilet staring at the vanity on that side of the bathroom.

The focal piece of the master bath will be the claw foot tub, which will go under the window. Unfortunately, flanking the tub with our vanities is not an option because they will be too small, so we will need to keep them where they are.

I should add, the closet to the right of the Master bath entrance is our walk-in linen closet. Next to that is a steam shower.

I'm totally open to any ideas because I am definitely not loving it as it is. THANK YOU!

Untitled

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with bathroom design

How about putting a double sink vanity on the short wall (where toilet and vanity is) and move the shower down to the tub and the toilet next to the small closet?
It seems you have a lot of deck area on either end of your tub. By moving the shower down toward the tub you could possibly put a glass enclosure at the foot of the tub and use the deck as the bench for the shower.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here