Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Desperately need tile suggestions

Posted by snarkyinla (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 14, 12 at 22:27

I am getting ready to retile my tiny 1985 bathrooms, they are each 60" x 88". The master has a shower and window, the second has a tub, that's the only difference. The saltillo tile floor was added some years ago, and I want to keep them. However, I cannot think of a tile scheme that works well with them. I don't think natural stone (travertine-look, or marble-like) will look right with the floors. I love the look of glass times, but not sure how that would work. I know I can always do a white porcelin subway tile with an accent stripe, but I would love suggestions from everyone here. The more the merrier!

The vanities will be the same size as they are here, refaced in espresso color with white casearstone countertop (blizzard). The tub is staying as is.

I was originally going to stay with a mexican tile theme (mostly white with some accent tiles for color) but after seeing the mexican tiles in person, I wasn't crazy about them and think it will be hard to keep it from being too busy in such a tiny space.

Please please please give me your suggestions!

Here is a link that might be useful: Current Pictures

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Desperately need tile suggestions

I agree that a crisp white tile would look great. I don't think I'd mix a glass tile with those floors.. they are beautiful and classic and glass just screams 'trendy'.

If you want to go rustic as opposed to crisp and clean, I think a light travertine, tumbled, or possibly honed would work also.

o

Saltillo tile can also read country French or Italian. If Mexican tiles aren't floating your boat, I'd check into some of the French or Italian country tiles. (Is there a La Madelaine near you?)

Instead of white, I'd go for a warm cream or other warm tone.

o

I agree with Sweeby about a warm cream or other warm tone to go with those beautiful floor tiles.

o

You could use a mosaic that includes the color in the tile floor as an accent and then pick a background color from the mosaic for the rest of the tile.

o

I did just that for my guest bath, I used multi colored penny rounds (not glass tho) that match the floor perfectly. For the master I did honey onyx which also go with the brown tones...

Here is a link that might be useful: Before/after pics

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here