Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shannonaz

Finished bathroom pictures

shannonaz
14 years ago

Well, our bathroom remodel is finally finished! Thanks for all the inspiration, ideas and suggestions from all of you. I have tried to include lots of comments and details in my photobucket album. Thanks!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bathroom album

Comments (20)

• poohla19
    14 years ago

Shannon,

Your bathroom is just beautiful. In looking at all the pictures, I would never have picked up on any of the things that you pointed out as "problems". Just goes to show you how obsessive we can get about something, and nobody else even notices it!!! I am getting ready to start a major remodel and I will be the same way.

What granite did you end up using? In your early pictures, you show a sample of Vitoria Regia, but when I look at slabs of VR, it does not look anything like your granite. I just love the colors that pop out on your counter. I love the paint color and the oynx tile as well. JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!

Good job - Poohla

• homey_bird
    14 years ago

This is a beautiful space! Congratulations for a vision well-executed and job well done!

Love that shower! Very pretty.

• spacechallenged
    14 years ago

Thanks for sharing. It's absolutely beautiful!

• User
    14 years ago

That is one outstanding bathroom. I love everything you did- in particular I love the tile/backsplash with the molding above the countertops= it just totally finishes it all off so well. Just had to respond- now I will look at further detail to see if you have listed the components (if not, please do. inquiring minds NEED to know:)

• User
    14 years ago

Well I just spent the last few moments admiring the photoalbum... and I am not seeing all the comments so forgive me if you answered this but what is the floor tile? I love your choices.
    Let me say it again.
    FANTASTIC and so well thought out (no big deal about not counting right for hardware- its all fixable!)

• many_hats
    14 years ago

That's a lovely bathroom! I especially like your onyx tile and the trim to tie everything together. It's obvious a lot of thought went into the planning. If you hadn't pointed out the "flaws" I wouldn't have even noticed. Your function over form is my mantra too--but I really think your form part is just fine. Enjoy!!

• pharaoh
    14 years ago

Lovely! The golden onyx is a stunner.
    Nice design, the frameless shower is very well planned and executed.

• shannonaz
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks :) The floor tile is Oceano Beige from Arizona Tile. The granite is Sea Foam Green. (is it supposed to be Seafoam all one word??)

• nopushover
    14 years ago

How lovely. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations on making the most of an awkward space - truly every inch has been well thought out and is useful.

• mahatmacat1
    14 years ago

Ah, so nice to see a fellow 'recovering' perfectionist :) I hate the word perfectionist, actually. I think it's made up by "mediocrityists" to justify slacking off and "diagnose" our higher standards. I do understand the point of diminishing returns, though...

At any rate, I LOVE how you made use of every nook and cranny. That's something that sells houses, if you ever decide to move. It makes houses stand out, to me, far more than throwing expensive materials at a generic layout.

A question: how deep is the cabinet over your commode? I'm wondering whether we should cut ours down to be shallower--not so much actual head bumping issues but just a possible perception of topheaviness. TIA and congratulations again :)

• ysop1016
    14 years ago

Great job, Shannon. Have you tried your rain head shower?
    Mine didn't have the power to rinse the shampoo from my hair. We removed it and used our old one. Works super.

• weedyacres
    14 years ago

Fantastic design and great finished product! I love the massive, gorgeous, massively gorgeous vanity area. And great use of nook and cranny space for storage.

• bluekitobsessed
    14 years ago

Beautiful job! Notice that small tiles (onyx, not glass, right?) look good in a traditional setting, not just confined to modern bathrooms.

Blue

• dinkledoodle
    14 years ago

That's just gorgeous! Nothing there NOT to love.

• bathroomspotter
    14 years ago

What a fantastic job. It looks like a home in itself!

Here is a link that might be useful: Reviewing new products from the bathroom industry

• shannonaz
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for all the compliments :) Flyleft: by far the biggest challenge in my letting go of perfectionism was my worry that without striving for perfection I was going to stop improving and doing a good job :) I have had to work really really hard, but I am much improved. Excellence is attainable and can be fun to achieve. Perfection is always elusive and aiming for it wasn't making me very happy. I had so much fun doing this bathroom with my new outlook...and it may be my best project yet. I think the old me used to get so traumatized and upset when something wasn't perfect that I couldn't think straight (much less creatively), take suggestions or compromise. This time I tried to see every hiccup as a fun challenge. To answer your question: the cabinet is 10" deep including the doors and 11" deep including the bottom light rail.

bluekitchenobsessed: my husband loves modern design and wanted the mosaic tiles. I was really frustrated and upset by this. He was giving me free reign to do what I wanted for as much as I thought it was reasonable to spend and he had just one or two requests. I really wanted a soothing, elegant, traditional bathroom. I didn't see how mosaic tile fit into that at all. After one heated argument I decided that a bathroom remodel was NOT going to have a negative impact on my family! So, I pretended I was a designer and I had to incorporate my clients disparate wishes into a bathroom design. Now I love my finished bathroom and I am very embarrassed that I was so narrow-minded. Becoming more flexible is right up there with not being a perfectionist on my list of goals :)

ysop: the rain head is awesome and delivers almost too much water pressure. Go figure!

• cozycottage
    14 years ago

Love your bathroom! Could you post the dimensions of the sink? It looks deep up and down but not front to back, which is just what I'm looking for! Thanks, and again - BEAUTIFUL!

• shannonaz
    Original Author
    14 years ago

cozycottage: the sinks are Kohler Ladena, I am out of town and can't measure :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Sink

• mahatmacat1
    14 years ago

Ah yes, shannon, I hear you completely. You've done an excellent job :) Thanks for the measurements, too. And I positively *love* Kohler Ladena sinks too :)

• User
    14 years ago

I just spent like 20 minutes trying to find this thread. This is absolutely one of my favorites and I keep looking at it for inspiration and thought others might appreciate it as well.