Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bone toilet & shower base - which vanity top?

Posted by desperado28 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 20, 12 at 20:32

Hello-

First post in this part of the forum... I recently bought a bank owned property with a very odd bathroom setup, so I am ripping everything out and redoing it. I choose (partially due to this forum) a swanstone base and tiled walls. The base is their "Bone" color and the toilet is also in bone. I am picking out the vanity top, and there are several granite ones I like that match well... but they are all sold with white sinks.

I am unsure if that will detract from the room or not? My other option, I guess is to buy a granite top and a separate undermount sink in bone.

I had been hoping to do the shower base and vanity top in Swanstone Bermuda Sand, but due to the long lead time, I am unable to.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bone toilet & shower base - which vanity top?

Is this place for you or for resale?

If resale then go with the white sink. If for you, then get the undercount in bone and a nice granite.

o

What color is your vanity cabinet? Is it white or chocolate color? If it is white then go with tan or biscuit granite. If it is chocolate then go with a shade of darker cream granite.

o

thank you for your replies. The place is for me. The vanity cabinet is a light wood (oak). Looking at pictures on houzz, it seemed liked having just the white sink with the granite was still ok..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here