Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rittenhouse - Bill Vincent, and others?

Posted by allison0704 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 7, 12 at 20:28

Helping DD2 do a MB gut. We priced Rittenhouse locally - steep compared to internet prices.

I'm having a problem deciphering Daltile's numbers. For example, the 3" x 6" wall tile on one website is 0100 36MODP2, another is P4.

I cannot find what the P4/P2 difference is about.

Also, if you have this tile, or have worked with it (Bill), should we do semi-gloss on shower walls or matte? Floor is Octagon and Dot matt/matt dot. We have hard water.

Lastly (for now), if you ordered online where did you order?

Thanks in advance.
Allison

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rittenhouse - Bill Vincent, and others?

Nevermind. Local lady called. She wasn't sure what it meant either, but maybe matte vs semi-gloss. She was going to ask designer when she came in. Tile is not her normal thing.

They met the internet price, which is always nice.

o

I'm not sure what it is, either, but I can tell you it's not the difference in glaze-- that would be noted by two different color names and numbers. As for glosee vs. matte, either one ie easy to keep clean, so it really doesn't matter. As for your combination, I'm about to do that very same combination for our town's historical society tomorrow, only instead of octagons with black dots, it'll be pinwheels with black dots. :-), with a 42" waiscot, topped with chair rail and black rope trim. :-)

o

Thanks for posting.

Sounds great! Post a picture when it's done. Would love to see.

She is using a brown grout (I think). At least that's what the pictures we have show them using. Easier to hide dirty grout. lol I brought home several grout samples yesterday. Need to go to blog and see what lady used on hers.

o
grout color

Just found the blog, and the grout is charcoal. Looks brown on my screen! Charcoal will work too. lol

o

I actually DO have pics from a bathroom I did a few years ago for the Maine Historical Society, doing subway wainscot and octagon with dots:

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Nice!

o

Oh yeah-- the grout in those pics is charcoal. :-)

The one I'm doing today, it'll be Laticrete's silver shadow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here