Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barbcollins_gw

WWYD - Corian Shower Seat

barbcollins
11 years ago

I am working on our lastest bathroom and we have decided to include a shower seat. (See my previous post)

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/bath/msg0316035831525.html

I have finished up my drywall and the ceiling is painted. Hope to start tiling next weekend.

DH has a friend with a cabinet shop, and he had the cut a piece of Corian for the shower seat. We agreed it should be a light color because matching the tile would be impossible.

He brought the piece home last week and I laid one of tile on top and thought it was a great choice. You can also see the mosaics peeking in the top left of the picture. I will be using those as accents strips.

But.... then I turned it over and looked at the back.

I thought it was beautiful.

What would you do? Which side do you like better?

This IS NOT a house we are keeping and I have to remind myself that it is not what I like, but what the majority of other people would like. I wonder if the back side is too busy. Or does it look too "fake".

They finished the edges for us expecting to use the other side. Would I be able to ease the unfinished edge with sandpaper?

Would I be able to sand off the "DUPONT" stamp? I hate to have him take it back since they did not charge us for doing it.

Would you go to the trouble, or just use the piece as planned.

Comments (5)