Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tracyfam_gw

Ideas for tub deck/apron

tracyfam
14 years ago

Looking for some more inspiration. Whoever knew that choosing a bathtub would be so hard! Wood, tile, granite, soapstone, the list goes on. There are so many beautiful bathrooms on this site, but I wanted to see if we could get a thread started on just bathtubs- particularly drop-ins. Please post pictures of your tub, deck, and apron along with the size/make of your bathtub and materials. Thanks. Can't wait to see.

Comments (9)

• sawmill
    14 years ago

We are having the same problem selecting materials - too many choices.

We have selected a light(brown)emperadore brushed marble for the shower and adjacent vanity wall. The marble has a lot of movement, so we are looking for quiet complements to our bisque tub and sinks, rustic cream travertine floor and cream painted vanity.

We are considering soapstone counters as a high contrast,
    but don't know whether to use it on the tub deck as well or to use a 2 x 2 Scabos travertine mosaic tile that we like there. We are looking at a 1 x 2 scabos tile for the shower floor.

Today we saw a matt finish "Goldmine" Avonite counter which introduces a brown/black texture quartz combo. If we used it on the counter, should we use it on the tub deck as well to be more uniform? I am not a huge quartz fan, but DH likes it and does not like granite or marble.

• monicakm_gw
    14 years ago

Bain Ultra tub. Travertine lookalike porcelain tile deck and apron w/ glass tile inserts. Tumbled travertine and glass tile border above porcelain on walls.
    Monica

• monicakm_gw
    14 years ago

Sorry, I meant to include a picture

• pepperidge_farm
    14 years ago

weedyacres did a great tub and surround, they have pics up as well if you go to their webpage. They were my inspiration. I am in the process of putting poly on my wood surround this week, up to coat #5 so far.

We did a Kohler airbath (66x42- the absolute biggest that could fit, very comfortable for 2, with Hansgrohe axor brushed nickel filler, crema marfil tiled deck (46x72), crema marfil chairrail to give a finished look (a slab was not in the budget) and a birch plywood surround with 3 pop out panels stained to match our pottery barn espresso stained vanity (General Finishes espresso stain- perfect match!!).

It should be done in the next weekend or 2... guests will arrive after that, so must be done!

• sawmill
    14 years ago

Forgot to say we are buying the Maax living whirlpool tub - 72" x 36". Will probaly go with the 2 x 2 Scabos tumbled tile on the deck and vanity-matching cream cabinet panels on front.

• tracyfam
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the pics monicakm- your bathrrom came together very nicely. Is that your shower or a closet to the left of your tub? I like the glass.annaleef and pepperidge farm- you both sound like you are going to have beautiful bathrooms- I'm dying to see your pictures when finished! The weedyacres pictures are great- she certainly has a lot of fans on the bathroom forum.

• weedyacres
    14 years ago

Here's our tub. I used plywood and trim in the same finish as our vanity on the sides, then tiled the top and put a chair rail around the outside.

• just_julie
    14 years ago

That's gorgeous, weedyacres. Love the wood!

We are doing something similar but very different. Our wood will be darker with a limestone-look caesarstone deck, undermount Bain Ultra Amma Oval 72x42 tub. We're trying to design an insert in the wood.. we'd recess vertical stripes of the glass tile inside.

• monicakm_gw
    14 years ago

tracyfam, the glass door you see is the bathroom door. It's a "rain" textured door from Home Depot. Behind it is a linen closet.
    Monica