Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I should have listened.... :(

Posted by deedles (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 19:19

When the guy at faucetdirect.com told me that the Kohler archer airtub and the Sterling surround I wanted weren't made to work together. Well he said "I can't tell you that they will work together." So I went ahead, bought them thinking all surrounds work with all tubs (duh). So my DH cuts the tabs off the surround because of course there are no corresponding slots in the tub, furs out the walls and plumbing to fit the depth of the surround, scribes the bottom of the surround to fit the curve of the tub and this is what we have:

Photobucket

1/2" gap on the back and the side.

DH says all the plumbing is made for the depth of the surround and the drywall guys are coming next Monday.

AAHHHHH!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I should have listened.... :(

How about Hardiboard and tile?

o

DH has fought with this thing for 2 days to get it to fit this well. I suggested this and met with an unhappy response.
Plus, he says he'd have to refit all the plumbing.

I know it's only a bathtub but OMG that looks like crap!. Will caulk fix it or at least make it better, do you think?

o

I thought that caulk would work as soon as I looked at it. Good luck.

o

My nice DH said he doesn't want me to look at this forever and hate so we can tear it out and tile. Maybe we should caulk up the gap and see if that looks terrible and then if it does, tear it out. If it's okay, I guess we could leave it. Or maybe I should just tile it and be done with it.

What a waste of time and $$.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here