Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elsewhere_gw

Sneak peek! 50 Shades of Greige Bathroom

elsewhere
11 years ago

I thought I would share a picture of this bathroom in progress. If anyone is interested in more, I'll post a few once the countertop goes in. The gray-on-gray is actually very restful, and hopefully will be a great field as more color goes into the room!

Comments (16)

• treasuretheday
    11 years ago

That's quite a teaser picture! It looks like it's coming together beautifully... more pictures, please!

• pharaoh
    11 years ago

lovely!
    marble for the counter?

• elsewhere
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you both! Pharaoh, yes indeed...a nice piece of Danby (very subtle)

• anajane
    11 years ago

What are your floor and shower wall tiles?

• enduring
    11 years ago

Very nice and looking forward to seeing more. I'd like to see the details of the shower too.

• pharaoh
    11 years ago

subtle danby will look smashing! great minds think alike :)
    are those teak stools?

please post more photos.

• michoumonster
    11 years ago

lovely bath! i love the interesting ceilings too. it has a lot of architectural interest. what wood are your cabinets?

• kirkhall
    11 years ago

Can't wait for your final reveal with materials list! (esp the main field tile on floor and shower wall)

• sandimccarron
    11 years ago

Beautiful. Could you share tile info?

• gam51
    11 years ago

After spending the entire morning agonizing over gray paint chips, I decided to go to GW and see what is there. Can you share your paint color? It looks lovely and oh so calming...just what I need about now!

• lesviolin
    11 years ago

Thanks for the inspiration The natural light from that window is really great and really like the vanity in contrast to the greys -

• elsewhere
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry for the late update here! Thanks so much for the encouragement.

In reply to some of these questions

This is an oak vanity (quartersawn, some mix of white & red oak, and natural finish)

The paint color is Benjamin Moore "Museum Piece". Trim is in a 25% dilution.

The main field tiles are porcelain in "Bianco Winter" from Stone Source, and I've updated the link

Here is a link that might be useful: Stone Source

• elsewhere
    Original Author
    11 years ago

• lcm_maine
    11 years ago

I'm with "enduring", I'd like to see more of the shower, and know the dimensions. We have a similar knee-wall/slanted ceiling in our master bathroom and are looking for a creative solution. (I also love the grays, with the wood and tile)

• Laurie
    11 years ago

Very interesting, I love it. Especially putting the sink under the window. This is something I'm considering when I get around to my much needed bathroom renovation.

Could I assume your mirror will be mounted on the wall to the right of the sink? And what type will it be? This is something which I haven't quite worked out in my mind yet if I do it.

• elsewhere
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'll follow up with shower dimensions and photos.

The mirror is to the left of the window, it is a mirrored medicine cabinet (with interior mirror as well). The idea is that if a mirror is needed to shave, the door can pivot out to allow this. On the right will be a glass front cabinet of identical dimensions (for items often used by guests)