Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sneak peek! 50 Shades of Greige Bathroom

Posted by elsewhere (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 17:02

I thought I would share a picture of this bathroom in progress. If anyone is interested in more, I'll post a few once the countertop goes in. The gray-on-gray is actually very restful, and hopefully will be a great field as more color goes into the room!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sneak peek! 50 Shades of Greige Bathroom

That's quite a teaser picture! It looks like it's coming together beautifully... more pictures, please!

o

lovely!
marble for the counter?

o

Thank you both! Pharaoh, yes indeed...a nice piece of Danby (very subtle)

o

What are your floor and shower wall tiles?

o

Very nice and looking forward to seeing more. I'd like to see the details of the shower too.

o

subtle danby will look smashing! great minds think alike :)
are those teak stools?

please post more photos.

o

lovely bath! i love the interesting ceilings too. it has a lot of architectural interest. what wood are your cabinets?

o

Can't wait for your final reveal with materials list! (esp the main field tile on floor and shower wall)

o

Beautiful. Could you share tile info?

o

After spending the entire morning agonizing over gray paint chips, I decided to go to GW and see what is there. Can you share your paint color? It looks lovely and oh so calming...just what I need about now!

o

After spending the entire morning agonizing over gray paint chips, I decided to go to GW and see what is there. Can you share your paint color? It looks lovely and oh so calming...just what I need about now!

o

Thanks for the inspiration The natural light from that window is really great and really like the vanity in contrast to the greys -

o

Sorry for the late update here! Thanks so much for the encouragement.

In reply to some of these questions

This is an oak vanity (quartersawn, some mix of white & red oak, and natural finish)

The paint color is Benjamin Moore "Museum Piece". Trim is in a 25% dilution.

The main field tiles are porcelain in "Bianco Winter" from Stone Source, and I've updated the link

Here is a link that might be useful: Stone Source

o

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

I'm with "enduring", I'd like to see more of the shower, and know the dimensions. We have a similar knee-wall/slanted ceiling in our master bathroom and are looking for a creative solution. (I also love the grays, with the wood and tile)

o

Very interesting, I love it. Especially putting the sink under the window. This is something I'm considering when I get around to my much needed bathroom renovation.

Could I assume your mirror will be mounted on the wall to the right of the sink? And what type will it be? This is something which I haven't quite worked out in my mind yet if I do it.

o

I'll follow up with shower dimensions and photos.

The mirror is to the left of the window, it is a mirrored medicine cabinet (with interior mirror as well). The idea is that if a mirror is needed to shave, the door can pivot out to allow this. On the right will be a glass front cabinet of identical dimensions (for items often used by guests)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here