Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Copper sinks and faucets

Posted by gladys1924 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 4, 13 at 16:57

Has anyone used them in the bathroom? How well are they working out?

We have a log vanity and a copper sink/faucet set coming from JHE Log Furniture for our new log home, are thinking of another set for our second bathroom...but I don't know anything about copper - is it a pain to use and keep clean? I know that after a while it will develop a patina, such as what you see on a used penny - is that all of it? How do you care for it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Copper sinks and faucets

Hi Gladys. My sink in the powder room, Mexican copper...... no problems. Just wipe it out once in a while with bar keepers friend. If I want a little shine I may use the stainless cleaner I use on the fridge. Of course that came with the dark patina. On the other hand, my aged copper faucets that were originally bright, have developed the patina, but in an uneven way. If I don't polish them for quite a while they start to get the verdigris look. It's really a question of how particular you are. Although I like a clean house, I'm not willing to polish the copper often enough to keep the bright look.

o

yes having copper sink is really a pain in future, i had Rak Reserva Range 550 at my home, The sink's semi-circle shape is quite unique that grabs your attention for all the right reasons. This basin is manufactured with high ended ceramic and comes with Full Pedestal. I got it from store in manchaster.

o

We had a copper kitchen sink in our last home, bought exact sink for our current laundry room (also copper faucet, but sealed), a smaller version for the coffee station (also copper faucet, sealed) and a copper sink in our powder room (paired with flat finish dark faucet). The bathroom sink doesn't require any special treatment and I don't polish it at all. No patina after 7 years, but it's not used all that much.

I used Method's soft scrub cleanser. If you want shiny, you can go over with lemon juice or ketchup after cleaning.

o

Thanks for the replies...I think we're going to go with the second copper sink/faucet package. It sounds like a fun, low maintenance way to go...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here