Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
musicteacher_gw

Is this a start?

musicteacher
10 years ago

I have been bathroom shopping without a clue of what I want but today I found a tile that I love. It doesn't look nearly as good in a photo as it did in the store. I wish you could see it in the light. It is pretty expensive but I don't think I would need much of it. This is one foot of tile so you see the squares are quite small. They had used a small bit of it as border in between travertine colored tiles, and the little squares just glowed - almost like abalone or pearl. I got all excited about how this might look with my slate colored floor and silver sconces, but I don't know what to do for the main tile, or the countertop.

My cabinets are painted white, but that could change to a grey or blue if it would look better.

I really hate the travertine my tile guy suggested - the sharp edges and the fact that it is in the brown family. I want my bathroom to be more feminine I guess He has an Aplus rating with Angie, and I know he is good, just don't feel I can ask him for color advice.

My original thought was to do a vintage type bathroom with subway tiles, chrome fixtures and soapstone counters. Am I trying to mix too many styles?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022