Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
3cc granite / undermounted sink

Posted by lindalp (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 3, 14 at 16:32

I found a granite remnet that I'd like to use on my vanity top. The poblem is, it is 3cc thick. I want an undermounted sink, but I am concerned that if I put an undermount sink in it, the thickness might look bad/odd. Anyone here have or has seen a 3cc granite vanity top with an undermounted sink? If so, do you like how it looks? Even if you don't have this situation, I would appreciate your input.
TIA Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 3cc granite / undermounted sink

My vanity top and my daughters vanity top are 3cm thick. I think that is more the norm than 2cm. I think they look fine.

Here's mine:
 photo 21ba1531.jpg

And hers
 photo 243e0b49cd597cb084aa6ad1b98d2664_zps9c3179a7.jpg

o

I have it too. 3cm is very common on the East coast. 2cm on the West coast.

o

I have 3 cm Ceasarstone and undercounted sinks in both the kitchen and bathroom. Looks great to me.

o

It's what we have on order for when the vanities get here in about 3 weeks. Our new sinks will be the rectangular variety which may give it a somewhat different look. Here's a 3 cm counter and rectangular sink combo from Houzz

o

Here's a picture of my installed kitchen sink.

o

Thank you all so very much. Your information and photos have been extremely helpful. I'm convinced the 3 cm will look great! Again, thank you all!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here