Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Larger shower with window or smaller corner shower?

Posted by dfzmom (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 27, 13 at 16:16

Which would you prefer? We have a small window in our master bathroom which I prefer to keep for lighting and ventilation. There will only be a shower, no tub. Right now we have a small alcove shower and the pan is only 32 x 32.

We could replace the window with something more suitable for a shower (maybe a vinyl awning window) and enlarge our shower to span the whole 70 in width of the bathroom.

Our other option is to enlarge the shower and leave the window as is. Our max shower size with this option is 39 x 39. If we go this route I am looking into frameless doors to make the room feel bigger. Thanks for any opinions!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Larger shower with window or smaller corner shower?

32 x 32 is a little small. 70" is pretty substantial and you may want to consider putting in 2 shower heads, etc. and make it a 2 person shower.

39 x 39 isn't huge but I thin 36 x 36 is about the minimum you would find comfortable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here