Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pls weigh in on counter choices (pics)

Posted by pipdog (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 16:10

We are trying to decide on a color for our Caesarstone counters in our master bath. It is a toss up between Pure White (more expensive) or the Blizzard (slightly creamier with a few more flecks). Our floors will be a Carrara marble hex tile and our shower is Carrara marble subway style.

Here's the floor and shower materials with the two Caesarstone choices. Pure White is on the left and Blizzard is on the right:
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pls weigh in on counter choices (pics)

In the photo, the one on the right seems like a better match to the other tiles you're using.

o

In the photo, the one on the right seems like a better match to the other tiles you're using.

o

I am not helpful because I like the whiter one with the hex and the creamy one with the subway tiles.

o

I prefer the pure white...

Have you looked at the other makers like LG, Dupont, Silestone?

o

If feel the same as Engineer Chic. Of those 2 choices with those other finishes, one matches on, the other the other... so, the question is, which will you notice more in contrast? Or, will you notice the difference at all once it is installed?

I like the idea of looking at other manufacturers to see if maybe you find one that works with both.

o

When in doubt, stick with white.

o

thanks for weighing in. I think I'm going to look at other manufacturers as I'm not crazy about the Pure White - it's very white and almost seems blue-ish next to the other finishes. And I agree with you all that the hex tiles don't really match the Blizzard. So probably best to keep looking.

o

I agree with you....Keep looking---you need something in between the two!

o

would you ever go to a more grey caesarstone? might provide a lovely contrast.

o

The cabinets will be painted gray, so we were thinking a lighter color counter. I was looking at Cambria Torquay or Misty Carrara, but not sure how real marble looks with the composites that are meant to look like marble.

o

I like the pure white.

o

I like the Pure White on the left.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here