Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newenglandsara2

seeking help with bathroom trim selection

newenglandsara2
9 years ago

Hi there,

We are remodeling a 1941 house with a cape/colonial feel in the Boston suburbs. Many of the rooms will have original details (china cabinets, fireplace, etc.), but all of the baths will be new. We are trying to pick faucet styles that will blend 1941 with a 2014 renovation. It has been hard to find a knowledgeable sales person, so I thought I would reach out to this community for any suggestions on the following questions:

1) The existing door knobs in the house are a tarnished brass. I don't love brass, so I was thinking of keeping those tarnished, and getting new knobs in oil rubbed bronze. I really like chrome for bath fixtures (best price), but will it look strange to have chrome bath fixtures with oil rubbed bronze door knobs? Other ideas?

2) For the kids bath we are thinking of Kohler Archer vs. Kohler Forte in chrome. Any suggestions on one vs. the other for a kids bath? (We will have a natural birch double vanity in Shaker style in there.)

3) For the first floor bath we will have a pedestal sink (maybe Kohler Tresham) and a tiled shower. We are thinking of Kohler Memoirs, but it is pricier than the others. I noticed that Delta Dryden has a slightly similar look, but I don't love the dots on the sides of the handles. Thoughts?

4) Finally, for the master bath, we were thinking of using Rohl Verona in chrome and then blending it with Kohler shower valves and trims to keep costs down. Any tips on which Kohler shower trims might blend with the Verona?

I also noticed Grohe Geneva and Grohe Fairborn as nice faucets, but they didn't seem to pop as much as the others for me.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sara

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths