Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
i need a bath mat safe for re-glazed bath tub!!!

Posted by kellycal (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 15:01

We recently had our bathtub re-glazed. Not sure how it will wear, but I have two very young kids and need to bathe them in this tub. The guy who did the job seems to be having trouble recommending a specific mat for me to buy. I was told no suction cups. I prefer to leave a mat in there and only remove it once or twice every two weeks to clean the tub.

Right now it's very slick and slippery. Any advice is appreciated.

On a side note there are some small dark pin size holes in the bottom - is this a concern? Should they be addressed or filled in somehow by the guy who did the reglazing? We just had it done last week.

Thanks!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: i need a bath mat safe for re-glazed bath tub!!!

I don't know about the dots that are appearing, but I wondered, since you want to leave the mat down, if you can't find one without suction cups, if these might be a good alternative?

Here is a link that might be useful: non skid appliques for tub

o

>On a side note there are some small dark pin size holes in the bottom - is this a concern? Should they be addressed or filled in somehow by the guy who did the reglazing? We just had it done last week.

Absolutely you need to call them back. This sounds like the first stage of failure for the new finish, I'm sorry to say.

o

My old reglazed tub was very slippery, although I never used a mat. I think just a rubber mat w/o suction cups would work. I don't think mine had any dots in the finish. It lasted a good long time until I could remodel.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here