Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mixing composite counters with Calcutta/Carrara tile?

Posted by pipdog (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 19, 12 at 14:46

Our flooring is going to be Calcutta marble hex tiles (2 inch) and our shower will have marble subway. I'm thinking of pairing a white or cream Caesarstone vanity with that combo. For maintenance reasons, I'm reluctant to put a Calcutta slab on our bathroom vanities as two young kids under 3 will be using this bathroom. My husband feels that we should go with a Calcutta slab for our double vanity, but I know that thing would be etched up in days, given the way we live. I've seen a few photos of bathrooms with composite vanities that have marble tile on the floors or in the shower and would love to hear stories or see photos. Does anyone have thoughts on pairing a natural stone with a composite? will it look strange?

I found this photo which appears to be Caesarstone with a tile which is similar coloring to ours. However, I am concerned with hex tiles (which are more traditional), this look is going to be too modern.
Photobucket

Here is the hex flooring we are going with:Photobucket

and our shower tile:
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mixing composite counters with Calcutta/Carrara tile?

Don't you think that the more classic look you want would be achieved by the way you style your counter/faucets/vanity? Instead of the sleek contemporary bath you showed, it could be more like this:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here