Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tiny powder room sink, gigantic faucet. Help.

Posted by kendrahrose (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 14:35

Does anybody have ideas for BOTH a tiny corner sink for a vintage powder room AND a faucet that goes with it?

I planned on ordering a Barclay corner sink. (http://www.plumbingsupply.com/wallmountedbasinsinks.html) It only has one hole for the faucet and monoblock faucets are slim pickings. I finally found one from Jado that both goes with the vibe of our 1850s house, and does not look like a penis. (http://www.jadousa.com/products/productDetail.aspx?id=3814) We just got the faucet and while it will fit the hole in the sink, it is too, too huge for the scale of the room and looks ridiculous.

We are making a TINY powder room in the old back stairwell off our kitchen. The room is 30" x 64". It will work out only if we use a small corner sink. This item is so hard to shop for because no store seems to carry them, so we are either ordering from a catalogue or online and so many are just too contemporary for our house. I have scoured vintage stores and online. Any ideas would be most appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tiny powder room sink, gigantic faucet. Help.

Have you tried the Nameeks line, they have some retro smaller sized fixtures.

Here is a link that might be useful: fixtures

o
RE: Tiny powder room sink, gigantic faucet. Help.

Would this work? It's a later time period...but not contemporary. They say early 1900's.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler Bancroft

o
RE: Tiny powder room sink, gigantic faucet.one more Help.

This one isn't period, but it's powder roomish and small, not contemporary. comes in many finishes

Here is a link that might be useful: Jasmine monoblock

This post was edited by olychick on Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 18:43

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here