Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Steam Shower Generator Advice

Posted by panchoandlefty (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 9, 12 at 13:59

I could use some advice!

As part of gut-remodel we are converting our 4' x 5' shower to a steam shower. According to the Amerec sizing calculator, we should look for a generator w a 153 cu/ft capacity (volume + 20% for ceramic/ porcelain tile).

Placement of generator is a non-issue. There is a closet w plenty of space next to shower.

Our contractor has only installed Amerec units. They may be fantastic, I have no idea. I'd like to have a better understanding of my options rather than simply accepting his recommendation without any context of what is on the market.

We do have a 20 yr old Amerec Sauna we like.

I like the "warm start" function on the Amerec unit that allows steam to generate quickly. On the Amerec website, I see various "phases" listed, but I'm not sure of differences.

We will use steam frequently.

Can anyone offer opinions on different generators? Accessories like aroma injectors? Do some have easier maintenance? We like low maintenance.

I see a lot of people use Mr Steam. Is there a big difference between manufactures, or as long as the right size is selected, does brand matter?

Thank you so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Steam Shower Generator Advice

I can't help much as we installed steam without ever having used one. We went with mr steam, but I don't recall doing a lot of research on it...we went with it as it seemed to be popular and was recommended by plumbing supply store, and we didn't look into any options like aroma.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here