Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_189791

Master Bath Vanity

User
11 years ago

I am looking for a new vanity for my DIY master bath renovation. The style I like is the one linked below from Pottery Barn. Since I cannot see it in person (catalog/internet only), I have no idea what the quality is like. Does anyone have this vanity? If so, do you like it? How is the quality for the price?

Any recommendations on where else to look for a vanity? I want something off the floor, but not the modern attached to the wall type. I do not want cabinets that go to floor. Needs to be about 54-55 inches wide) and single sink (do not want double sink).

I've looked at Home Depot, Lowes, and some online places (overstock, faucetdirect, amazon, homedecorators).

I plan to go to Ferguson's Showroom this weekend (tried to go yesterday but got there after they closed).

Any other recommendations of where to look? Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pottery Barn Vanity

Comments (10)

• kmcg
    11 years ago

I've been looking for that size, too, and it's a huge challenge. Stock sizes jump from 48" to 60".

The PB vanity looks nice, but seems expensive, considering a look-alike I'll link to below: it's only 48" but is half the price.

Restoration Hardware has some nice vanities too, right size, but still in that higher price range.

If you want just a cabinet, custom built can actually be pretty reasonable; I got a quote of $650 to build a 54" wide vanity with 2 banks of drawers and a sink base. I might go that route because I would really like a rectangular undermount sink - another thing that's tough to find in the vanity packages.

Here is a link that might be useful: amazon vanity

• KevinMP
    11 years ago

Although not exactly the same style, Silkroad Exclusive has a lot of options. Check on ebay, you can usually get better deals on there than elsewhere, and they're shipped directly from the manufacturer in just a few days.

I got a 60" double vanity (below), but I trashed the travertine top and sinks that came with it because I wanted to use something else. I also replaced the hardware to match my fixtures. But the thing I found about this brand (and you'll have to google the styles you like to try to find pictures with the doors/drawers opened) is that there is much more usable space. My vanity has six good sized drawers and two, two-door cabinets that allow complete use of the space beneath the sinks. It's far more usable space than I found with any other traditional style vanity at least.

{{gwi:1419746}}

{{gwi:1432541}}

{{gwi:1419052}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Large Single Vanities

• Kevinem
    11 years ago

Hey KevinMP, is there a way I can contact you personally? Thanks!

• KevinMP
    11 years ago

Creepy. No.

• juddgirl2
    11 years ago

A friend got a similar vanity w/granite counter on Costco.com. Very pretty, seems to be good quality.

• Kevinem
    11 years ago

Hahaha! No no, not like that! I meant it as a private message/email since I don't see a function where I can contact just you. It's not something I'm trying to let everyone read, ya know?

I'm leaving for vacation tonight but if you're interested in what I have to say, you can contact me at kevin@silkroadexclusive.com

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

KevinMP - your bathroom is stunning. I love everything. Would you mind sharing the maker of your toilet? Also, is your tile actual carrara or a porcelain look alike? Hard to tell in pictures. It's very pretty so I'm guessing it's real. If by chance it's porcelain could you let me know manufacturer? Thanks!

• KevinMP
    11 years ago

The toilet is a Jacuzzi prestige.

The tile in the shower, around the tub, and on the floor is all honed calacatta gold marble in 9" x 18". So, it's not porcelain, although because it's honed instead of polished, I can see why you may have thought that.

Here is a link that might be useful: My original post

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for the info, and for the link to your original post. Really, a beautiful bathroom.

Another question for you...how is the marble in the shower holding up? I would really like to do marble subway tiles in my shower but I am afraid of the upkeep. Thanks!

• KevinMP
    11 years ago

It's fine so far. I sealed it with SenGuard, which is the same sealant used on Silestone and is manufactured by that company (Cosentino). It's only sold online at one place, but I bought a bottle from my fabricator (which is hard to find, I am told). It's expensive, but no problems at all yet.