Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need grout color for steam shower-marble with white subway

Posted by phylhl (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 13:28

We are doing a marble mosaic accent panel in our new steam shower (basketweave, white marble with dark gray marble dots lining each piece of the basketweave) and a large format 5x13 matte subway tile on the rest of the shower, with gray slate (looking) floor. Currently the plan is to use white grout, but i've read on here that it won't stay white for long. would you suggest gray instead? also, i've heard adding epoxy to the grout is advantageous, but that it could add a yellow tinge to white grout. thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need grout color for steam shower-marble with white subway

there is a new product made by HB Fuller under the TEC brand it's called Power Grout, does not change colors, does stain, nor need sealing, I tried to stain it with a marker and it would not stain. in my opinion it is the best grout made to date worth looking into. good luck on your project

Here is a link that might be useful: power grout

o

Very pretty. I would do a light gray -- you do not have that many grout lines so you won't see much grout. Laticrete's Silver Shadow is a nice light gray that would blend well with that mosaic.

o

I second silver shadow. We used that on our shower with 6 x 18 tiles and hex tiles both in white venatino. Looked perfect.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here