Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
alternate carrara-look tile?

Posted by cottonpenny (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 9, 12 at 13:03

AO catarina and Daltile navelli star are not available right now. Poop.

My flooring store gave me a sample of some off brand. The pattern is ok but the pattern doesn't go all the way to the edges of the tile and I don't like that.

Any other good alternatives??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: alternate carrara-look tile?

GW member VictoriaElizabeth used a nice one; it's Peronda Museum, 18x18, polished, porcelain, bianca carrara. You can read more about it on her gw post titled "My Marble Tile Lookalike Recommendation". I've posted a link to it below. The tile has subtle grey veining which I think is elegant. I'm sure there are other good choices out there too; best of luck in your search.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peronda Museum bianca carrara

o

Thanks. I saw Victoria's post and her tile is unquestionably goreous! I forgot to mention I am looking for a honed look though.

any other ideas?

o

Iris US Marmi Statuario.. available in honed and polished. Porcelanosa also has a few.

o

Home Depot has a 12x12 and I think 18x18 honed ceramic that looks pretty good to me. I think on the website the manufacturer is called US Tile, but I found it in the store.

I went to the DalTile showroom today and brought home a sample of Navelli Star, which is still available. As people said when comparing the AO Catarina with the Navelli, the Home Depot tile was cooler - sort of more blue - while the Navelli seemed slightly creamier. As far as veining, they are almost identical.

I also visited American Olean, and the distribution center in Seattle just sold the last of the Catarina Coliseum about a week ago :(

o

I've been told the Daltile isn't available either by 2 places...

o

Yes, the Navelli is gone from their website, has been for about the same length of time that the AO Catarina has been gone from the AO site.

o

I'm choosing American Olean Carrera in polished porcelain for our shower. The sample is quite beautiful. Not sure if there is a honed but it'd be worth checking out...

o

In a different post I said we were choosing AO Catarina for our Master Bath. It's a new build, and won't be ready until late spring next year. I asked the designer, and she said that yes, it is discontinued, but AO is making a different version and we will be okay. So, don't know if that's helpful or not, but seems like AO will have a new product soon.

o

I ordered some today from a local floor store. They were able to get the 12x12 out of Dallas. Said they had 3000 SF left... I only took 85 so there should still be some :). I wanted 18x18 but went with the smaller because I love this tile.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here