Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Towel warmer dimensions that work for you?

Posted by whk1 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 5, 12 at 12:56

A folded towel measures about 14" x 24", so I'd think you'd need a 30" x 24" or a 16" x at least 36" towel warmer to do a good job on a pair of towels. When I look around, there are lots of 24" wide towel warmers. This sounds like a very inconvenient width to me.

I've never owned a towel warmer, so let me know what works well for you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Towel warmer dimensions that work for you?

We have a Runtal Solea STRE 3420 that is 33.8" x 19.7" x 5.5" in our masterbath.

Photobucket

We've found it to be smaller than ideal for the three towels that have been hanging on it since we started renovating our son's bathroom and he's been sharing with us. Towel warmers only warm the area of the towel that is in direct or near-direct contact. They aren't effective in warming multiple layers of a folded towel. We don't use the warmer every day (partly because we haven't hooked up the timer yet) but, when it's going to be used, we rearrange the towels so that the person's towel is fully on the warmer as they shower.

We've decided to put the 3420 in our son's/guest bath and replace it with a STRE 5420 that is 53.3" tall. That should maximize contact area, especially when we are down to using it for just two towels at a time.

o
RE: Towel warmer dimensions that work for you?

We have one that's a "stand alone" piece and actualy plugs in, rather than being hardwired. My wife and I bought it at a yard sale last summer, still new in a sealed box. It gets used as a towel bar now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here