Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with Master Bath vanity layout

Posted by LARemodel (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 16, 14 at 12:52

I am starting to plan a master bathroom remodel and need help in making decisions about the layout. The current vanity is 21"x95"x32" (high) with dual over-mount sinks.

I would like to have two sinks and add a make-up counter, with space for a chair to slide under the counter. I'm undecided between under-mount sinks and above-counter sink (rectangular vessel type - now bowl). I may extend the vanity to 24" width - not sure about height - depends on type of sink.

I'm considering the following options for including a makeup area:
1) keep current configuration and insert makeup area between the two sinks - may be tight space
2) separate the sinks onto opposite walls and extend one vanity with a makeup area
3) separate the sinks and add a makeup area at right angle to one sink

I'm attaching pix from open house at new construction (not in my price range) in my area where makeup area is at right angles to sink. This layout seems awkward to me because sink and vanity storage would be blocked when sitting on chair - also corners usually reduce storage space. What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with Master Bath vanity layout

That was my first thought, photo looks awkward even if chair slid fully underneath - not a fan..
Much depends on your avail floorspace and wall lengths - certain styles would work better in certain bathrooms...

This was my most difficult decision and I ended up deciding on no makeup vanity, instead two very large 60" single sink vanities but I will post photos of two of my favs youve described.

o

Not common but this was my favorite style with one big double sink and makeup on the end. My wall is 13ft so would be good way to make use of length but could be done on shorter wall.

o

Heres another in that layout style

o

This is the most popular layout with makeup in mirror I usually would see online.

Styles okay but not my prefereance although THIS example I really did love (probably swayed by my love of white cab / black top and the beautiful door view doesnt hurt).

o

Sorry to hijack your thread - one more, if space is an issue thought this was a clever yet pretty option and would work well with even a more narrow closet.

I liked the idea of conviently having all my 'stuff' out / handy, and tidying up by simply closing the doors.

This post was edited by Jaynes123 on Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 22:59

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here